Sponsorship from your employer
Many of our students receive financial support from their employers. If you study by distance learning, you can continue to work while you study, and your employer will benefit from your development.
How do I get sponsored?
There are a small number of scholarships available for specific courses. The level of competition is very high. It may benefit your case if you hold an offer to study the course before you apply.
See our scholarships
Additional sources of funding
UK undergraduate students may be eligible for an undergraduate loan.
Postgraduate students in England, Wales and Northern Ireland may be eligible for a postgraduate loan.
Based in London, under the age of 25? You may be eligible for the Sir John Cass Foundation Scholarship.
Global MBA: From January 2018, UK and EU residents will receive a 20 per cent fee bursary for new registrations.
- Postgraduate Laws: Canon Collins offers scholarships to nationals of Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- Refugee Protection: members of the Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance & Protection (PHAP) receive a bursary of 10 per cent on all fees for this MA programme.
- Refugee Protection / Veterinary Sciences / Postgraduate Health: Commonwealth Scholarships are available for these programmes in select commonwealth countries.
- Postgraduate Health: the Said Foundation offers funding opportunities to Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian residents.
- Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health: Royal Veterinary College staff and alumni receive a 20 per cent bursary off most fees for the College's distance-learning programmes.
- Postgraduate study (various): the Aga Khan Foundation provides scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries with no other means of financing their studies.
- United Nations (UNESCO, FAO, UNDP, UNEP etc).
- Bilateral Aid Agencies (SIDA, GTZ, etc).
- European Union.
- British Council.
- UK Department for International Development / Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Educational and other charitable trusts.
Activia Training has an annual scholarship fund of £1,000 (awarded competitively) for students who submit videos or essays. All competitors and submissions must meet the eligibility criteria.
School of Advanced Study funding
Students at the School of Advanced Study have access to a range of fees and funding options: bursaries, fee waivers, scholarships, grants, and awards.